In some cases, the interviewer may use what appears to be a script. The interviewer maintains strict control of the interview process, limits the time allotted for each question, and asks specific questions. As hard as this can be (in terms of building rapport), strict control of the questions maintains a high degree of consistency in the content and format of each interview.15 Questions could include:
- What are your long range and short range goals and objectives?
- How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses?
- What qualifications do you have that are relevant to this position?
- In what ways do you think you can contribute to our organization?
- How has your education prepared you for a career in XYZ?